We offer a variety of courses at Essex Art Center from drawing, painting and digital photography to clay, stained glass, sculpture and animation. We also offer ART-VENTURES over February, April and Summer Vacation which are one day workshops for kids.
Current Courses being offered:
Summer session still in session through August 21,
includes many one-day workshops for Adults and Children.
Register TODAY, Summer 2014
Ways to Register
Registration and payment can be made online, by mail or in person.
- NEW: FALL CLASSES - REGISTER ONLINE! (not available for Summer 2014)
- By Mail: Complete the paper registration form (en español) and mail to EAC with check. Full payment must be included.
- In Person: Complete the paper registration form (en español) and bring to EAC and pay by cash, check or credit card.
Note: returned checks are subject to $20 fee.
Early registration is highly recommended as classes fill early or insufficient enrollment may cause cancellation.
Class Art Supplies
Essex Art Center provides all art materials necessary for Children’s classes.
Adult course descriptions will state if materials are provided or if we will provide you with a suggested supply list to purchase your own art materials.
FALL 2014 SUPPLY LISTS (listed alphabetically by class)
- Acrylic Studio with Paul Endres, Jr.
- Art for Social Change with Thea Shapiro
- Basic Classical Figure Drawing from Life with Jonathon Nix
- Drawing Manipulation with Paul Endres, Jr.
- Exploring Color with Acrylics (Color Theory) with Dennis Hart
- Extended Figure Drawing from Life with Jonathon Nix
- Fun with Watercolor with Rahat Mama
- Handmade Mixed Media Collage with Jennifer Wood
- Intro to Acrylic Painting with Dennis Hart
- Intro to an Artist Website with Paul Endres, Jr.
- Let's Get Physical with Cathy McLaurin
- Looking Within: Developing Your Personal Visual Iconography with Luba Shapiro Grenader
- Many Portraits with Paul Endres, Jr.
- Painting with Impressionists with Alketa Niko
- Pastel Drawing with Luba Shapiro Grenader
- Printmaking & Collage with Markus Haala
- Professional Development for Visual Artists with Jennifer Wood
- Simplified Anatomy for Artists with Jonathon Nix
- The Basics of Drawing with Mary Ann McArdle
- The Joy of Watercolor with Mary Ann McArdle
- The Painted Figure with Paul Endres, Jr.
SUMMER 2014 SUPPLY LISTS